Tips to make a carpet cleaning solution06/04/2015 Back To Blog
Rug cleaning is a tough challenge
Our professionals use an economical carpet cleaning system by using a stain removal shampoo. Experts recommend using solutions that are prepared at home using simple material. Therefore, preparing a carpet cleaner requires just a sponge and a bucket. Here are few techniques that professionals use to prepare a cleaning solution at your home in quick time.
1. Add ¼ tsp or 1.25 ml detergent in a cup (236 ml) warm water. For extra amounts, professionals add the contents proportionately to reach the desired goal. This carpet cleaning solution is used to scrub the affected areas or added to a carpet cleaning unit or with a sponge mop. If there is any residue, they vacuum it once the mat dries completely.
2. Prepare a solution by mixing 118 ml (1/2 cup) of home cleaner (bleach-free), 118 ml (1/2 cup) fabric softener, 1 gallon (3785 ml) warm water and 236 ml (1 cup) ammonia. This eco-friendly product softens and cleans your carpet. A rag moistened with the cleaner is applied on the affected part. Alternatively, technical experts use it in a rug cleaning machine or with a sponge mop. Vacuum, in case of residue, once it dries up.
3. In a bowl, mix ½-cup detergent, 1-quart warm water and 1-teaspoon ammonia; stir continuously to prepare froth. Gently rub the froth across the mat with a clean white cloth or a sponge. Once it dries up, vacuum the residue, if any.
4. Mix equal parts of warm water and window cleaner and put the solution into the cleaning machine. Ammonia removes tough stains and cleans the carpet without leaving excessive residue.
5. The inconspicuous spots on your carpet can be removed using a small quantity of Windex. If the color fades, avoid this carpet cleaning solution. Experts spray the solution on the affected area and let it stand for five minutes. They wipe the residue with a paper towel or a wet cloth.
6. Mix equal portions of baking soda and vinegar to form a paste. Dilute it using warm water to form a thin liquid solution. Apply the solution on the stains with a sponge or a toothbrush and scrub well.
7. Apply club soda on the stain directly and let it stand for three to five minutes. Scrub well to clean the carpet thoroughly.
8. Another cleaning solution includes a mixture of 225 mg (1/2 lb) baking powder with 118 ml (4 oz) corn flour. This solution is applied on the stains using a rag; it is a great sofa cleaner too.
In conclusion, these solutions work great for small stains, but always make sure to try a dab of the solution on the corner of the rug (or on a hidden spot) to make sure the reaction is safe for your carpet. If you have any more questions, feel free to contact our representative.